New call of 23.8 M€ for the creation of Acelera pyme Offices in rural areas is launched
With the aim of carrying out digital transformation actions in small and medium-sized enterprises, reaching municipalities with populations of less than 20,000 inhabitants, Red.es is launching a call for applications for grants to expand the Acelera pyme Office Network. These Offices will be made up of a set of facilities and resources distributed throughout the national territory with the purpose of promoting the transformation of society and the economy towards a digital environment. All of this with the aim of fighting against depopulation in Spain.
In this sense, this purpose plays an important role for the development of the country, since according to data from La Moncloa, currently 3 out of 4 municipalities in Spain have lost population in the last decade. Considering this trend and considering that technology is an enabler for launching new projects and boosting the rural economy, the Acelera SME Offices in rural environments will offer a set of solutions and services which are described below.
What do the Acelera SME Offices offer?
- Development of proximity services for on-site attention to the self-employed and SMEs.
- Close advice and support during the adoption of digital solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises, including start-ups, freelancers and entrepreneurs.
On-site and virtual services
- Raising awareness among SMEs and the self-employed of the advantages and innovative methodologies to optimise the operation of their businesses by incorporating new technologies into their processes.
- Encourage the demand for innovative technologies that contribute to improving the productivity of companies.
- Face-to-face actions to be held preferably in municipalities of less than 20,000 inhabitants.
The total budget earmarked for these grants is EUR 23.8 million. The minimum amount of aid requested per project is EUR 300,000. However, a maximum of 80 % of the total amount will be subsidised up to a maximum of EUR 410,000.
Alcance y cobertura
At least 1 Office per territory (province or island) with a maximum of 2 Acelera pyme Offices per territory.
Who can benefit from the aid?
- Professional and business associations (including federations, confederations and unions of these) legally constituted and registered in the relevant public office or register of associations.
- Professional associations constituted in accordance with the law and registered in the relevant Register of Professional Associations.
- Technology Centres and Technological Innovation Support Centres that are registered in the Register of Centres created by Royal Decree 2093/2008, of 19 December, which regulates Technology Centres and Technological Innovation Support Centres at state level and creates the Register of such Centres.
- Provincial Councils, Uniprovincial Autonomous Communities, Island Councils, Island Councils, and the following supra-municipal local entities as defined in Article 3.2 of Law 7/1985, of 2 April, Regulating the Bases of the Local Regime:
- The Comarcas or other entities grouping together several municipalities, set up by the Autonomous Communities in accordance with this law and the corresponding Statutes of Autonomy.
These groups will have a 2-month application period from the day after the publication of the call in the BOE (Official State Gazette) and will have a 24-month implementation period from the resolution granting the call.
In order to be able to apply for the grants, the projects seeking to benefit must meet the following assessment criteria:
1 Minimum threshold scores for the Assessment Criteria.
For more information on this call, you can access the Red.es website or click here.