Don't let someone fish for your company's data! We show you how to identify this type of fraud.
What is phishing?
It is a type of fraud that starts by sending a communication to the victim impersonating companies or organisations to ask them to click on a link, download a file or send sensitive information.
How to avoid it?
1. Check the sender of the email
Check that the email address is the same as the company sending the information. Often cybercriminals use one that is very similar to the original.
2. Check the spelling and wording
Check for spelling and grammatical errors. If you suspect that the message is machine translated, it is probably phishing.
3. Make sure links are legitimate Hover your cursor over the link to see what the real URL is that it redirects to. Do not click if it does not match an official website.
4. Do not provide personal details A bank or other service will never ask you for your details via email.
5. Do not download attachments Under no circumstances download a file if you cannot verify that it is a legitimate message.
Follow these guidelines and protect your company's information!